Empowering the People of East St. Louis to Live Healthier
HealthVisions of East St. Louis is serving the community of East St. Louis since the sale of St. Mary Hospital. The Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, who sponsored the hospital, are committed to maintaining their mission and values in the area once serviced by St. Mary Hospital.
The goals of HealthVisions East St. Louis are:
- Empower faith-based organizations to use their talents and gifts to provide or improve ministries.
- Develop and facilitate partnerships with faith communities, health and social services.
- Provide advocacy and non-medical support services to seniors, the poor and the disabled.
- Promote wholistic health.
- Address systemic community health needs.