“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.”
We the Board of Directors and Staff of HealthVisions Midwest strongly support African Americans and all people of color who have been victims of racism, abuse, violence, and discrimination for many years of America’s history. Our value of respect for the dignity of each person calls us to work with organizations, communities, individuals, and government agencies committed to correct systematic practices that impoverish our communities. Our vision to empower and support the underserved in living healthier lives requires us to speak out against the practices of repressing employment, entrepreneurial opportunities, quality education and voting rights for people of color. There is a need that people of different races and experience sit at the table together, listen to one another, and develop strategies toward racial, ethnic, social, economic, and political equality for all.
HealthVisions Midwest commits to:
- Advocate for the underserved who are disproportionately people of color, by working with government groups and coalitions to ensure that laws and practices don’t discriminate.
- Create opportunities for people of color to have a voice by speaking on relevant issues and needs.
- Bring diverse groups of leaders and advocates together to share ideas and devise strategies to decrease health disparities.
- Enhance diversity of the board to better represent the communities served in Hammond and Fort Wayne, IN and East St. Louis, IL.
- Prioritize diversity and inclusion in hiring staff and consultants.
- Ensure marketing materials represent the diversity of the communities we serve.